Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My first card!


I am NOT a card maker, but I follow about 50 Blogs and I'm hooked. There is so much talent out there and the projects are beautiful! I've convinced myself that it's just about picking up the techniques to put into my scrapbooks. But here's my dilemma - I can scrapbook other people's pictures with no problem, but when it comes to the thousands of pictures of my family that need to be scrapped, I'm absolutely paralyzed. Too many choices! Thus, the name of my Blog, Somebody Scrap ME!
This year I thought it might be fun to do my own Christmas cards. Right. We moved this summer into a bigger house and the hallways are still lined with boxes. What are my priorites, anyway? Even though I've had no place to work, I've still been collecting all the supplies for all the holiday cards I've been creating in my head. This past weekend my husband - who has been working so hard on this new house - finally took pity on me and put up my shelves in my office/scrap room. Woohoo! I had such a great time unpacking all my stuff and re-organizing. I haven't seen any of it since July. It was like Christmas morning! Of course, once unpacked, I had no idea where to start. Then I got an e-mail from a friend suggesting that I create something for the JustRite contest. That's exactly what I needed to get the ball rolling. And I'm hoping having a Blog will pressure me to keep creating.
So here is my first Blog post and my very first card. I had such a hard time photographing the card. I'm definitely going to have to pick up some tips on that. I've got a good camera, but no idea how to use all the settings. Now I just need to figure out how to upload to SCS to actually get into the contest.
Wish me luck!
Update - For those of you who have asked, the stamp is Chin Up from Firecracker Designs by Pamela. I've put a link on to her sites. Thanks.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tasha, Kellie has "corrupted" another person!!!! I wasn't a card maker/stamper either until I started hanging out with her. Welcome to blog world

Eveline said...

Love your snowman card.
Eveline.

Elaine M said...

What a brave stamper you are! First card - first blog - first WIN at Just Rite...I am soooo impressed!! I want to set up a blog but get so overwhelmed with all the details, I pull back. Would love to hear how you went about setting up your's - and posting to SCS...would love to hear how you do that also. Once again Congrats

Cynde said...

Congratulations on your Win at "JustRite". Also on your Beautiful card! Have fun unloading your stuff but keep doing some fun stuff every day! You shouldn't let all your talent sit idle!
Again Congratulations....

Brenda said...

Love your card, congrats on the new blog and wow what a wonderful first card.

Karen said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Great job!